Despite of the existence of a big amount of data and analysis on technology usage (many of them concentrated on risks and negative behavior), there is a gap on mapping and disseminating positive experiences and ideas, especially those which should permit and foster:
• sharing of experiences, opinions and values;
• exploring and reflecting on which are the real important issues for youth;
• promoting values and achievements;
• encouraging interaction and intercultural dialogue;
• discovering cultural values created and disseminated via new media.
Please check the following documents from the National Institute on Media and the Family (USA) in order to know how SNS could be used with positive results.
Social Networking Sites Rewards
Social Networking Sites Risks Guide